1. According to trade statistics of Vietnam Customs, in the first month of 2018, a 1.8% increase in total external merchandise turnover of Vietnam was recorded as compared to the result of December 2017. In which, exports went up 2.9 %, to USD 20.22 billion and imports shrunk 0.8%, to USD 20.04 billion. As a result, there was a USD 181 million surplus in Vietnam’s trade balance in this month.
In comparison with performance of the same period of 2017, there were upwards in total value of both merchandise exports and merchandise imports with the respective percentages: 41.6% and 53.1%.
2. Trade data disseminated recently by Vietnam Customs announced that the total value of exportation and importation by foreign direct invested (FDI) traders reached USD 25.82 billion in total for the first month of 2018, up by 46.8 % in terms of year-on-year basis. Total value of FDI exportation was USD 14.12 billion, increased by 41.9%. On import side, the total value of those companies was USD 17.02 billion, up by 53.1%.
3. The December of 2017 to January of 2018 increase in total merchandise exports was due to the upturns in other means of transportation, parts and accessories thereof (up by USD 135 million); computers, electrical products and parts thereof (up by USD 104 million); machine, equipment, tools and instruments (up by USD 86 million)...Main Exports and Imports
5. The December of 2017 to January of 2018 decrease in total merchandise exports was due to the downwards of the commodities as follows: motor vehicles (down by USD 339 million); telephones, mobile phones and parts thereof (down by USD 285 million)… 4. On a year-on-year basis, exports expanded USD 5.94 billion, to USD 20.22 billion. The main products, which contributed to the increase, were telephones, mobile phones and parts thereof (up by USD 1.61 billion); computers, electrical products, spare-parts and components thereof (up by USD 772 million); textiles and garments (up by USD 353 million); machine, equipments, tools and instruments (up by USD 335 million); …
T6. On a year-on-year basis, imports went up USD 6.95 billion, to USD 20.04 billion. The growth in imports was mainly contributed by the upturns of the following products: computers, electrical products and parts thereof (up by USD 1.52 billion); telephones, mobile phones and parts thereof (up by USD 744 million); machine, equipments, tools and instruments (up by USD 683 million)…
7. In the first month of 2018, Vietnamese merchandise trade with trading partners in Asia was totaled USD 27.61 billion in value terms, which moved up 55.9% as compared to the same period of 2017. Trade-in-goods of Vietnam with America was followed, which reached USD 6.08 billion and increased by 27.8%. The values of other continents were Europe: USD 5.34 billion, up by 30.7%; Oceania: USD 712.9 million, up by 53.4% and Africa: USD 520.8 million, up by 46.0% in comparison with the same period of last year.
8. In January of 2018, 3 exporting markets of Vietnam with turnover of over USD 1 billion were: China (reached USD 3.7 billion); The United States of America (reached USD 3.6 billion); and Japan (reached USD 1.6 billion).
9. On import side, five partners exporting goods to Vietnam with turnover of over 1 billion were as follows: China (reached USD 5.8 billion); Republic of Korea (reached USD 4.3 billion); Japan (reached USD 1.5 billion); Taiwan (reached USD 1.1 billion) and Thailand (reached USD 1.0 billion).
Source: Vietnam Customs