VCN- On 11th May 2018, the General Department of Vietnam Customs held a ceremony to announce the Decision 639/QD-BTC dated 7th May 2018 of the Ministry of Finance to appoint Mr. Mai Xuan Thanh, Director of Inspectorate Department as Deputy Director General of the GDVC. Deputy Minister of Finance Vu Thi Mai attended the ceremony and awarded the Decision.
|The Deputy Director General of Vietnam Customs shall directly remove enterprises' problems|
|Deputy Director General Hoang Viet Cuong received South Korea Customs|
|Announce the decision to appoint Director of Ha Giang Customs Department|
|Deputy Minister of Finance Vu Thi Mai awarded the Decision on appointment to Mr. Mai Xuan Thanh|
At the ceremony, Acting Director of Personnel and Organization Department Pham Duc Thang announced Decision 639/QD-BTC dated 7th May 2018 on term appointment for Mr. Mai Xuan Thanh as the Deputy Director General of the GDVC from 15th May 2018.
On behalf of leaders of Ministry of Finance, Deputy Minister Vu Thi Mai congratulated the new Deputy Director General of the GDVC, Mai Xuan Thanh and emphasized that Mr. Thanh had worked for the Customs sector for 30 years, had been trained professionally and was experienced in many working positions with achievements that were recognized by Ministry of Finance and leaders of the GDVC.
Deputy Minister stated that holding the new position, Mr. Mai Xuan Thanh would have more responsibility and have to make greater efforts with the GDVC’s leaders to manage the Customs sector’s operation, and complete excellently the sector’ key tasks. The Deputy Minister believed that holding the new position, Mr. Thanh would successfully complete the assigned tasks.
At the ceremony, the Director General of GDVC, Nguyen Van Van, on behalf of all the Customs sector’ officials, congratulated Mr. Mai Xuan Thanh and affirmed that the GDVC’s leaders would continue to instruct the Customs sector to perform well tasks assigned by the Party and State.
The new Deputy Director General Mai Xuan Thanh promised to try his best together with the GDVC’ leaders to promote the Customs reform and modernization and strengthen the inspection and control to enhance the efficiency of management and contribute to preventing State revenue losses; To develop the Customs force for professionalism, transparency and efficiency; To promote the tradition of solidarity and achievements to develop the Customs sector to meet the requirements on tasks in the new situation.
Curriculum Vitae and employment background of Mr. Mai Xuan Thanh:
- Full name: Mai Xuan Thanh
- Date of birth: 19/01/1968
- Hometown: Hai Hung Commune, Hai Hau District, Nam Dinh Province
- Scale of civil servants: Principal Customs Official (01.002), grade 5
- Position: Member of Standing Committee of Party Committee of General Department of Vietnam Customs, Director of Inspectorate Department.
- Qualification: Graduated from University of Finance and Accounting (full-time), major in Industrial Finance; High-level political theory; State management for senior official program; English Certificate C, Certificate of Informatics B.
- From April 1990 to November 1993: Accountant of the Union of Manufacturing and Service Enterprises - National Center for Natural Science and Technology (now the Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology).
- From December 1993 to August 1994: Accountant of Financial Planning Department - National Center for Natural Science and Technology (now as the Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology).
- From September 1994 till now: Working for the General Department of Vietnam Customs:
-From September 1994 to December 1997: Customs Official of the Import-Export Duty Inspection Department.
-From January 1998 to May 2003: Deputy Head of Customs Value Division under Import-Export Duty Inspection Department.
-From June 2003 to December 2004: Customs Official of Import-Export Duty Inspection Department (now as Import and Export Duty Department).
-From January 2005 to October 2014: Deputy Director of Anti-Smuggling and Investigation Department.
By Thu Trang/Ngoc Loan